Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Toast to Dear Friends

Maybe I should have looked online before I was responsible for a wedding toast, but in truth--when I did my first, being on AOL was cutting edge. So much advice that I have never used. Fortunately, I think I stumbled into most of the right thing if this lady gives good advice.


I owed a couple a copy of a toast I did. Unfortunately, I don’t write these things down. Once the basic ideas are in place, I absorb a little from the environment and just flow. I'd say that is the warm & personal part. I don't do 5 minutes for a toast--that's a segment in a celebrity roast. While this isn’t exactly it, I’d call it a reasonable facsimile.

Some of us lead lives with lots of structure, like an elegant picture frame. Others have wonderful lives that possess a special, artistic originality. The lives they lead paint beautiful images. When we are fortunate enough to bring the two together, great things can happen. The frame gives a stabilizing influence to the picture. The portrait brings out the artistry that exists in the details of the frame.

Today, we honor and salute this couple.


Of course the names were omitted to protect the innocent. Just know that I think they are great folks.

No comments: