Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I am a basketball fan.

This is the best sports time of the year for me.

Call in a favor, use personal time, but free yourself to catch a few college basketball games. Those office pools bring out folks from all corners to put their 2 cents in to win bragging rights (or maybe a prize).

While I enjoy both college and pro basketball, the energy and excitement that goes with March Madness is unmatched--particularly in the first weekend. I am generally neutral in games like Stanford vs Marquette. HOWEVER, it was a great game to see. The Stanford coach gets thrown out in the first half. The game goes to OT. A 7 footer wins the game on an incredible, off balance, twisting shot.

While there are not as many games this Thursday-Sunday, I am sure that some of them will be very close and the crowds will be into them far more than any other event that starts and stops during three weeks.

While I enjoy watching, Cheech and Chong recognized the excitement that players have for the game in the early 70s. Love the song, but the video can rub some the wrong way. The Basketball Jones

No comments: